60s Vibe

by - 06:00

casual 60s vibe via lovebirds vintage

casual 60s vibe via lovebirds vintage
Dress: H&M (old) | Shrug: Primark, given to me by a friend (old) | Shoes - New Look via Asos
Necklace - some high street boutique or other

I'm still working on my lab stuff at uni (only got till the end of the month to get it done and am still a bit worried about getting it finished by the deadline!) so I'm still choosing my outfits for comfort and ease of movement while avoiding things that I would cry about if they got ruined. As I mentioned before, I do wear a lab coat which should prevent any major clothing-based tragedies, but yesterday I spent a lot of time grubbing about on the floor and got the knees of my jeans all dirty and today I went to help my friend lay pitfall traps at her experimental site, which is all brambles and nettles and totally overgrown. So there is definitely potential for a horrible accident to befall my clothes. Obviously this outfit is not the best for trekking through undergrowth, but the trip was unplanned (at least for me, I just tagged along) and I saw a teeny frog in the bushes so I was happy :)

casual 60s vibe via lovebirds vintage

I find it hard to motivate myself to dress nicely for lab days since my outfit is hidden under a lab coat for most of the day, and I'm only going to be seen by a couple of technicians and a room full of insects. Nora Finds also works in a lab though and she always looks great - so really there's no excuse for me not to make a bit of an effort. This trapeze dress does a great job of being a bit more stylish than jeans and a t-shirt, and it's not in the least bit restrictive. Perfect for moving around, lifting boxes, going up and down stairs all day etc. It has a great retro 1960s vibe as well - not authentic but still fits in well with my preferred style, I think.

casual 60s vibe via lovebirds vintage

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. You look really cute and summery here, dear gal, fear not, and that great necklace ups the chic and glam factor for sure, so it (the look) doesn't read as just causal. Plus the colour palette is super pretty, so that's another point in this outfit's favour.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you mix your wardrobe up. Gives me all kinds of ideas!

    ReplyDelete