Blogging for your busy lifestyle

by - 05:00

Recently I have been really busy with uni etc. I'm basically working a 7 day week at the moment, which means it can be really difficult to find time to keep up with hobbies such as blogging.

Even though I'm busy, I like to keep my blog up to date if possible. It's definitely tricky with such a busy lifestyle, but it can be done. Over time I've settled into a routine which helps me keep my blog running whilst also fitting it round everything else that I have to do.

This probably isn't new information, but maybe there is something here which you haven't considered before!

Here are some of my top tips for writing a blog alongside the rest of your responsibilities:

1) Design a blog schedule

Stick to it if you can, but don't worry about it if you can't. Currently I post on Mondays and Fridays, and I can say having blogged both with and without a schedule that I find it much easier to organise myself if I know what I'm posting and when. That said, there are plenty of bloggers who blog successfully with no particular schedule - it's all down to what works for you.

2) Write as many posts as possible in advance and schedule them for later dates

I mostly write my posts a minimum of two days in advance, fitting my writing in during the evenings when I've finished working for the day. This means I'm not left without a post when I need one.

3) Concentrate on writing less time consuming posts

At the moment I have some more clothes I'd like to put up for sale, and some reviews I'd like to write - but since these are both very time consuming posts to write, I'm focussing on outfit posts and things which can easily be worked into my day-to-day life.

4) Don't let your blog take over

If you're a hobby blogger, then let your blog be just that - a hobby. If it gets stressful or starts taking over from your "real life" responsibilities, then consider taking a break from blogging and come back to it later when you're less busy.

5) Accept help...

If someone you trust offers to guest post for you, consider accepting. Even if you normally don't accept guest posts, it's one less thing that you have to write for yourself.

6) ...And ask for help

If you have no time to blog but really want to keep publishing posts, ask some of your favourite bloggers to guest post for you. The worst anyone can do is say no - but in my experience most people are happy to help if it is possible for them to do so.

7) Write some draft posts which you can publish if you run out of other content.

Keeping some posts behind in your drafts means you can tweak them as and when is necessary. I currently have 10 posts in my drafts which I have never published for one reason or another, but they're all posts that I can and probably will publish at some point.

8) Keep your devices handy

There might not be anything you want to photograph, but if you don't have your camera or phone then you can't take photos even if you want to.


You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Blogging consistently is something I really struggle with - for me the hardest thing is getting photos because sometimes when I do have time to take them they don't work out (things like bad lighting or the lens won't focus) and it can get a bit tricky!
    Speaking of guest posts though, would you be interested in doing a guest post on my blog around August/September? You are so gorgeous and I always love your outfits!
    Also to answer your question in regards to the Freddies jeans, I went entirely by my waist measurement and it worked out perfectly for me. Since you live in the UK is there a shop that sells them locally where you could try them on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really great ideas!

    ReplyDelete