Fairies Live Here

by - 07:00

green 1940s outfit via lovebirds vintage

green 1940s outfit via lovebirds vintage

green 1940s outfit via lovebirds vintage

Blouse - 1940s vintage from DefinitelyDarling
Skirt - Collectif (old) | Shoes - Dorothy Perkins (old) 
Belt - gift | Other accessories - high street and charity shops
Stockings - What Katie Did

This is my grandparents' garden. I used to love playing here as a child because of the maze of pathways; there are lots of places to hide and also I think fairies live here.

I often don't think of wearing separates for everyday - I've got into the habit of thinking of skirts and blouses as being workwear (I invariably wear one of about 4 pencil skirts paired with one of a small selection of blouses for work) so I usually reach for a dress on my days off. I've been waiting for the cooler weather to wear this sage green 40s blouse though, as it's a nice Autumnal-weight brushed cotton. I can see it getting a lot of wear over the coming weeks and I might even be persuaded into getting a few new blouses and skirts so I'm not tempted to save them for work all the time.

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Gorgeous! Love your outfit and hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Garden!! Once again I have a crush on your outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling!

    I've gotten into wearing separates more it seems. I feel I can be more creative with them.

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  4. this blouse is absolutely gorgeous!!! it goes so well with the brown skirt ...

    ReplyDelete