Mary Poppins Shoes

by - 09:27

1940s style outfit via lovebirds vintage

It was my birthday recently and my grandparents gave me some money which they requested I use to buy some sturdy shoes for the winter. I looked around at a lot of different shops but was struggling to find something which was both the style I wanted and within my budget. I specifically wanted leather shoes (sorry, vegetarians/vegans) because I find them much better for my feet, especially in the winter as I can suffer from very cold feet or chilblains if I wear shoes which aren't warm enough.

After some searching I have ended up with these beautiful 1940s shoes which remind me of Mary Poppins. I'm really pleased with them and I think they'll be ideal for this winter.

1940s style outfit via lovebirds vintage

1940s style outfit via lovebirds vintage

We were treated to some unseasonably warm weather over the end of October and start of November, but now it feels as though winter has started to arrive as it was absolutely freezing when I was taking these photos. I do like to try and brave the cold for a short while for winter outfit photos since otherwise all my photos end up being of the same coat.

This skirt has really been my workhorse item from about late summer onwards. It won't stand up to a really harsh winter if we get one this year, but for the moment it's ok either on it's own or layered with a small petticoat.

1940s style outfit via lovebirds vintage

Cardigan - Primark (old) | T-shirt - high street somewhere | Skirt - Primark (previous season)
Tights - Matalan | Shoes - 1940s vintage via Ava Aviacion on Etsy | Bracelet - vintage, gift from my grandparents

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. Happy birthday! Your vintage shoes are an awesome find. Very classic and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're absolutely fantastic! So classic, elegant, and versatile. What a marvelous vintage footwear find. There's something rather charming about the fact that your grandparents insisted you get yourself some good, sturdy winter shoes. That is sooo grandparent-ish it's not even funny :D (one of my grandmas would totally be apt to do the same thing, I promise you).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the first year they've made that particular request either, obviously they are just very concerned I have some 'good winter shoes'!

      Delete
  3. A belated Happy Birthday! What a find those shoes are! They look fabulous on you. I hope you enjoy wearing them. Leather's a very sensible option for these wet winters. P x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! And they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! They have beautiful lines and I'm sure they'll be perfect for winter!
    I love leather shoes, too. They feel so much better on my feet! Fewer blisters, better fit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shoes! Though I seem them more autumnly, since winter here means slush or if it's colder, slippery ice and deep snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your shoes. Where did you find them. What company

    ReplyDelete